Policies and Procedures
Like many companies throughout the United States, we have taken comprehensive initiatives to keep operations running smoothly while ensuring the highest level of safety for our staff and clients. Protocols have been enacted for some staff to work remotely and all inter-office and ancillary services have been halted to encourage social distancing.
According to the State of N.J., we fall under “Essential Services” so our doors will remain open to our patients while we continue to monitor and closely follow the newest CDC guidelines. We want to keep you up to date and share with anyone seeking substance abuse for themselves or a loved one, the following measures which have been put into place.
- All potential patients are being carefully screened by our medical and operations teams. Anyone deemed a possible risk will not be admitted to our facility for the protection of our staff and patients. All new admissions will be screened with the following questionnaire:
- Do you live with or have you been exposed to anyone that has COVID-19?
- Have you had a fever in the last 7 days?
- Have you experienced shortness of breath in the past 7 days?
- Have you experienced a dry cough in the past 7 days? (unrelated to asthma, allergies, COPD)
- Are you experiencing any loss of taste or smell?
- Everyone (staff and patients) entering our detox facility is kept between the glass doors until a forehead temperature has been taken, and COVID -19 questionnaire has been completed. Anyone answering “yes” to any survey questions, or with a fever of 100.4 or greater and has other symptoms will not be granted access into the facility.
- Patients should only bring 5 days worth of clothes. Toiletries and shoes should be packed in a separate bag. All bags will go right into BugZapp which heats the clothes to approximately 150 degrees which kills bed bugs and any virus. If toiletries or shoes are in their suitcase, they may melt.
- All new admissions to Enlightened Solutions Detox will be tested for COVID-19 and quarantined in a single room until the test comes back. This should take between 24-72 hours. Food will be brought to the patient’s room during this time. Patient will be cared for and tended to by the nursing staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). It is very important that patients are compliant during the quarantine period. We are doing this to protect our whole community.
- If the test is negative, patient can join the community.
- If the test is positive, all decisions will be made by medical staff on a case-by-case basis as to what happens with the patient. Possible outcomes:
- We will need Emergency Contact to be aware of these policies and the possibility that patient may need to be picked up should they test positive for COVID-19.
- Tele-med services have been implemented for APN’s.
- Disinfectant wipes, gloves, and masks are readily available to all staff and patients. We are directing staff to wipe down surfaces, wear gloves when having contact with patients, and wash hands vigorously with soap and water frequently and not touch their face.
- We are requiring all staff and patients to cover their cough and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately, followed by rigorous handwashing.
- We are not permitting handshaking, hugs or kisses and are demanding that individuals keep their distance from one another.
- We are taking great caution of assessing incoming admissions for not only questions related to COVID-19, but also any medical or psychiatric compromise that would suggest they could need a higher level of care at any time while in our care with the understanding that ER’s and paramedics may not be available.
- We have suspended ALL outside visitations at this time.
- Facilities are being sanitized throughout the day. We have ordered hand sanitizer, additional PPE and cleaning supplies for all locations.
- Enlightened Solutions has begun offering Telehealth for any individual in need. The following telehealth services are currently available and will be utilized as required.
- Initial Psychiatric Evaluation.
- Psychiatric follow up.
- Initial and follow up visits with DNP/APN.
- Any individual with a temperature over 100.4 and/or symptoms including dry, non-productive cough, shortness of breath, inability to complete a sentence, body aches, fatigue, will be given a mask & gloves, separated from general population and triaged through our Director of Nursing.
- Staff who present with flu like symptoms and temperature over 100.4 will be asked to return to their homes and follow up with their primary care physician.
- This individual must contact their primary care physician or urgent care and follow the direction of physician.
- Staff must be without a fever for at least 3 days and will need to provide documentation from a physician and clearance from Human Resources to return to work.
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 for staff.
- Staff member will be asked to contact their primary care physician.
- Staff member will call the CDC at 1-800-CDC-INFO and NJ DOH at 1-800- 962-1253.
- Staff member will follow all CDC an NJ DOH guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19 or possible case of COVID-19. This staff member will not be permitted to return to work without medical clearance from a physician and clearance from Human Resources.
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 for a client.
- Client may be quarantined in a single room.
- Nursing staff will wear personal protective equipment when entering room to take vitals and provide medication and food.
- Client will be instructed to call the CDC at 1-800-CDC-INFO and NJ DOH at 1-800- 962-1253 and will follow their guidance.
- Other clients and staff will be monitored for signs and symptoms and as long as client has no symptoms, clients may stay in treatment provided while following social distancing. If client or staff starts to show symptoms, triage with our Director of Nursing.
This is a very difficult and fast-changing situation that Enlightened Solutions is taking very seriously. We will continue to follow CDC and NJ DOH guidelines. We are doing our best to ensure the safety of all patients and staff.